1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. New memberships are no longer available.

thinkorswim Triple Stochastic-HL 04/13/09

A triple stochastic oscillator using the high+low/2 as the base data point.

1. Eric Purdy
    My time to script this last week has been nonexistent so I’m pulling out a few old studies that I never posted to the blog. A few years back I was interested in one of the commercial trading systems being offered on the net specifically for trading futures and offering the proverbial trading secrets. This is one such study. It is a triple stochastic oscillator using the high+low/2 as the base data point. Ultimately, there is some utility in plotting three separate stochastics on one panel for both space saving reasons as well as for trading. The Stochastic Madness study was an offshoot of this study in which the analog data presented here is stripped down in favor of a purely digital representation. As with any analog to digital conversion, some of the data is always lost in the process and digital is not always better. The original analog Triple Stochastic-HL is presented below. tshl.png